It’s good to have an online diary where you can share your thoughts and ideas with the world. Especially if you are a traveler who likes to share your adventures, or maybe an influencer who is looking to affect people with some beautiful ideas. That’s why making a blog is a great Idea!
If you are looking to start one, there are few things you need to know first:
There are 3 Ways You Can Use to Create your Blog Online:
Websites builders offer a very easy way to create your blog without coding. They can be good for you because they are:
- Easy to use.
- Start a website in few minutes.
- No coding knowledge required.
- Customer support included.
They also have some cons, including:
- Limited control & customization.
- More expensive.
- Inability to migrate your website to a different website builder company or hosting.
Free Blog Builders.
There are some free platforms who give you the right to start your blog for free, for Example Blogger.com or WordPress.com. You can also use these free website builders to create some blogs. However, they aren’t recommended because:
- Low to no monetizing at all.
- Limited customization, content, options…etc.
- High authority from the provider.
- Yourblogname.blogplatform.com URL on free ones.
- Having ads from the platform on your blog (and you can’t remove them unless if you pay for a premium plan).
- You might lose your blog if you violate the platform’s terms & service.
If you want to create your blog for free, then watch this video.
CMS (Content Management System)
Content management systems give you the full control on your website. It has too many cool features like:
- Plugins that make your website richer.
- Unlimited customization & control.
- Powerful & Flexible.
- Ability to create different kinds of websites.
- Cheap if you aren’t willing to pay for a template & other paid features.
However, their cons are:
- Self-managed hosting & domain.
- No customer support.
- Requires some web coding knowledge.
If you are interested in creating your blog using WordPress, keep reading here!